Thursday, March 25, 2010
ATD Festival of Learning 2010 Schedule:
Theme: Love Mother Earth !
ATD Fourth World Office
1225 Labores Street
1) Workshop Preparations
March 24 – 27, 2 -6 p.m
March 29 – 31, 2 -6 p.m.
April 6 -10, 2- 6 p.m.
• suggest and teach any workshop (arts, crafts, music, dance, etc.) about the environment to the facilitators. For arts and crafts, the preference is to use recycled materials (e.g. scratch papers, plastic bottles, containers etc.);
• offer any excursion to the children to the museum, park, beach or any outdoor place where the children will enjoy the beauty of the nature;
• give art materials like crayons, creypas, paint, pencils, scissors, glue ; and
• donate money to fund the children’s excursions.
2) North Cemetery
April 13 – 18, 2 - 6 p.m.
3) Hilum Community
April 20 – 25, 9 a.m. – 12 p.m.
4) Lozada Community
April 27 – May 2, 2 – 5 p.m.
5) Under the Bridge, Quirino Avenue
May 4 – 9, 2- 5 p.m.
May 15, 2 – 5 p.m.
Pls. confirm first your participation or attendance by calling the office at 563.9312 or thru email firstname.lastname@example.org due to possible change of schedule.
Friday, March 12, 2010
From April 13 to May 09 2010, ATD Fourth World Movement Philippines will be organizing the Festival of Learning for the 21st consecutive year, for the children in four deprived areas of Manila.
We are pleased to invite you to come together and share your talents, time and ideas for activities, trips or anything that will make this summer vacation a great time for the children and their families. The festival aspires to build friendship and understanding between the poorest children and the adults from various backgrounds by sharing different avenues for learning.
It generally includes storytelling, arts and crafts workshops, drama sessions and presentations to unleash the children's potential. Outings with their families are also learning experiences and time to enjoy beauty of the nature.
However, it is also specific each year thanks to volunteers like you who join and share the best of their talents and passions.
We are counting on those who will be interested to get involved, please come to the Orientation Meeting for new volunteers:
March 20, 2010 at 3pm
At our office: 1225 Labores St., Pandacan, Manila
Please confirm your participation at 563 93 12, or email email@example.com
See you soon! And best regards.